Surf Breaks at Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
Only a few surf safari boats come all the way down south to surf the breaks of the Laamu Atoll. Being the only resort in this Atoll, our surfers have the waves to themselves most of the time.
The best time for the wave is from April to October when wind and swell are at their optimum. From the Resort you can see the impressive white spray of the most famous break in the Atoll – The Yin Yang which breaks on the outer reef of the local island Hithadhoo.
Six Senses Laamu has six breaks in the vicinity:
- The Corner – Beginner / Left
- Jetty C – Intermediate / Left
- Maamendhoo – Intermediate / Left
- Petrol Head – Intermediate / Left
- Gaadhoo – Experienced / Left
- Yin Yang – Experienced / Right
There are five other breaks in the Laamu Atoll, which are further away and can be reached by speedboat or a full day Dhoni excursion:
- Machines – Experienced / Right
- Refugees – Experienced / Right
- Isdhoo Bank – Experienced/Right
- Bedhuge – Experienced / Right
- Maava – Beginner to Intermediate / Left